Sunday, February 14, 2010

Squeezebox Radio

Logitech Squeezebox Radio (Red)Depending on your situation this is a very flexible & well made device for listening to music anywhere in your home. I recently purchased one - $160 from Amazon and I use it to stream music from my PC (it looks at my iTunes library), listen to various internate radio stations, and play songs streamed by services such as Pandora and Last.fm.

It is an attractive device with a beautiful color screen. The menu layout & navigation through hundreds of artists in your music collection is a bit cumbersome & leaves room for improvement but overall it's been a great system & I plan to purchase 2 more for other rooms in my house. It's lightweight and except for the power cord it's very portable. For a bit of extra cash you can purchase a rechargable battery pack & free yourself from power outlets.
Squeezebox makes other devices such as the Boom and Duet which fill slightly different needs - bigger speakers or integration with home stereo. Check out their official site to learn more.

No comments:

Post a Comment